Sunday, June 6, 2010

April 27th

April 27th was the craziest day of my life.
I was feeling very pregnant, but pretty good. I only had 10 days left. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was one foot was much more swollen than the other. I worried about it all morning. Finally around lunch time my mom convinced me just to call my Dr. just to make sure i was ok. I had a doctors appointment the next day and was just going to wait it out. The nurse said not to worry, go home and put your feet up. A few minutes later the nurse called back and said that she had talked to my Dr. and wanted me to come in as soon as i could just to make sure. So i went and found Todd who was working with me in Salt Lake filled him in on what was going on and drove to Syracuse. We found out i had really high blood pressure and the only thing i remember about that appointment was my Dr. saying... you're going to have a baby today. She told me to go straight to the hospital, don't go home. Of course I started to cry. Called Todd on my way to the hospital and told him to come straight to me. Called my mom because i was freaking out! I wanted someone with me at the hospital until Todd could get there. I got checked in around 4pm. I was dialated to a 3, and the nurse told me i was having contractions. Todd got there and family started showing up, i was dialated to a 4. At 6:30 they broke my water and started me on pitocin. Immediately i started feeling the lovely contractions. Hello pain. I waited until i was at a good 7 and then i got an epidural. That was one of the highlights of my day. No pain, just the heavenly cold numbing sensation. After that the nurse checked me and i was progressing just fine. The baby's head wasn't moving down as fast as it should so she said we would just let her run her course and move when she wanted too. A few minutes later at 9:30 the Dr. came in to check on me, i was at a 9. The nurse told my Dr. about the baby's head and my Dr. didn't even hesitate... No.. were not waiting, lets have this baby. So they kicked everyone out, shut the door and 12 minutes later at 9:42 pm Zoi Blayne was born. It was the craziest, most incredible 3 hours and 12 minutes of mine and Todd's life. From waking up to thinking it was going to be a normal day to this beautiful little baby that night we felt so blessed and lucky to have a healthy little girl!

2 comments:

Jimyl Redmon said...

oh my heck, i almost just cried! jo dont do that to me!...but we're so glad shes here and ok :) love you all!

codymarie said...

I love reading your blog! I've been waiting for more pictures, so I'm glad you put a ton up. :) She's so cute, and I can't wait to meet her in person next time I'm in Utah.